Who We Are
Nigeria Evangelical Missions Association –NEMA is a Networking Association and Fellowship Forum for Missions Movement in Nigeria comprising Missions Agencies, Organizations and Churches who come together under one umbrella to foster the work of Missions in Nigeria. Established in 1982 to foster the work of World Evangelism in and from Nigeria, NEMA serves the Nigerian Church and Missions movement, through its strategic training programs and resources, to fulfill the urgent task of World Missions.
Become a member
NEMA exists to
- To provide a sustainable common front for the Church in Nigeria to carry out her missionary work so as to accelerate the pioneering and fruitfulness of the missionary thrusts in and from Nigeria to the rest of the world.
- To motivate and encourage the establishment of more indigenous Mission Agencies from among the evangelicals where none exists.
- To increase the level of mission awareness and participation of the Nigerian Church towards accelerating the completion of World Evangelization.
- To promote sound relationship and cooperation between various mission groups.
- To provide an avenue where information on Missions can be collected and disseminated among members and other Christian Agencies.
- To help one another create a forum for sharing new ideas on missions so as to stimulate, encourage and improve the outreach work of each member body.
- To establish institutions for research and missionary training and organize missions’ conferences, seminars and workshops to raise the level of mission awareness in the country.
- To assist in leadership and manpower development of member bodies so as to facilitate the empowerment of members for qualitative missionary thrusts from Nigeria.
- To liaise with and maintain good working relations with other international ministries or with similar aims and objectives for world evangelization.
- To cooperate and work with other national missions movements in other parts of the world.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As an association, we believe:
- The Holy Bible, which is the fully and uniquely inspired word of God, is the only infallible, sufficient and authoritative Act of faith and rule of practice. (2 Tim. 3:16 – 17; 2 Peter 1:21)
- One God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 13:14; Matt. 28:19).
- The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and His sinless life. His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediation and intercession, His personal return in power and glory. He is the Saviour of mankind (Mark 10:45; 1 Peter 3:18; Luke 24:6,51; 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Acts 24:15).
- The salvation of lost and sinful Man through regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is by grace through faith (John 1:12-13; John 3:16; Romans 3:24-26; Acts 13:39).
- The indwelling of the believer by the Holy Spirit enabling the Christian to live a godly life. (John 14:17; Heb. 12:14; 1 Peter 1:2; John 17:17).
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto eternal damnation. (1 Thess. 4:16-17; Acts 4:16-17; Acts 24:15; Matt. 25:1-46; John 5:29)
- The spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ who comprise the Church which is the Body of Christ and the purity of the Church which precludes compromise with theological liberalism. (1 John 2:15-17; 2 Cor. 6:14-18; Rom. 12:1-2).
- The personal existence of Satan, fallen angels and demons whose intent is to supplant God and frustrate His purpose, and whose ultimate end is confinement to eternal punishment. (Matt. 4:3-11; Rev. 20:10).
- The doctrine of Missions. It is incumbent upon every believer to do his utmost to win the lost. (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 15:16; Luke 24:47; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 2:9).