Topic: Heart for the Harvest
Text: John 4:34
We all need a heart for the harvest like our Lord and Master. His goal was to finish the harvest. The harvest became His meat (food, strength and nourishment). For us to have and maintain a heart for the harvest like our Lord and master we must:
- Own the harvest: Owners take serious responsibility. Owners would do anything, pay any price, go to any length to get the harvest home. I know it because I practice farming. Harvest time is a crucial time for the farmer. You can’t ignore the harvest. You can’t suspend the harvest. It is a top priority. Food and pleasure may wait but not the harvest. Our hearts cannot be on the harvest unless we see the harvest as our own.
- We need to remind ourselves the extent of the harvest. It doesn’t matter how much and far we have reached, the question is what is left undone.
- We need to know the enemies of the harvest: In the harvest of crops and grains, we have the wind, fire, late rains and thieves as enemies. Other faiths and occult groups are competing for the same harvest fields we are sent to. On the other hand, wars, terrorism and crises are killing and destroying lives and properties in the fields Christ has commanded us to go to.
- Reward is coming: The Master says in Rev. 22:12 “Behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me to give every man according as his work shall be.” Our labour shall be rewarded by the master Himself. We live to work and we must work now while the sun shines.
- Ask the Lord to make you own the harvest.
Rev David Kanda
National Chairman, NEMA & General Overseer, Harvesters for Christ Ministries, Kaduna